You love CNA training, and love being a student; in fact, you can hardly wait until you graduate and can use all the skills you learned in your classes to help others. There are times though, when you just can’t imagine studying another five minutes for your state exam or reading another chapter of your textbook. Sometimes you just need a break.
Still, you don’t want your short breaks to be wasted. While you are taking CNA training, consider these tips for productive procrastination.
Taking a Break During CNA Training
- Update Your Resume- During CNA Training, you learn new information every single day and acquire new skills. Make sure these are present on your resume. If you are feeling optimistic, go ahead and update your resume to reflect your CNA training and certification as well; just make sure you don’t try to obtain a new employment position until you have completed your classes and have passed the state exam.
- Look for Jobs- While you may not have the time right now to work and attend school, you should always be on the lookout for employment you could qualify for after CNA training. Research areas you want to live and the different facilities available to you. If you do your research now, you won’t have to do it at the last minute and risk accepting a position at a facility you don’t really want to work at.
- Take a Nap- If you are feeling drained and just want a quiet break from studying for your CNA training exam, then take a quick nap. A short twenty minute power nap will rejuvenate your body and provide you with the energy you need to go through that set of flash cards once again.
- Work Out- When you are sitting in a classroom all day, it can be difficult to obtain he physical exercise you need to avoid gaining weight. You can fight against weight gain, though, by using your breaks to work out. Not only is this crucial to your health physically, but it can also improve your mental health and keep your mind sharp so you can memorize short hand orders easily.
- Find Some Scrubs- After CNA training, your employer probably isn’t going to dictate you wear plain blue scrubs with white sneakers. In most cases, although not all, you will be able to choose what type of scrubs you are going to wear to work. So, when you need to take a few minutes off, why not get in some retail therapy? While running to an actual scrub shop may take too much time, there are plenty of online retailers you can visit to find the cutest, brightest, and most fun scrubs for you!
Take a Break From CNA Training, But Be Productive
There are going to be times when you just need a break from all the studying and reading that is associated with CNA training, and that is perfectly normal. Just make sure your breaks are productive so you can make the most out of CNA training.