Has it been a few years since you finished your CNA training? Or maybe you just completed the courses and need a bit of a refresher before you take your CNA training exam for your certification? While there are many educational resources you can turn to in order to gather information about CNA training and the skills you need to know how to perform as a CNA, DVDs can be one of your biggest assets.
CNA training DVDs can help you master the skills you need help with easily. Most often, they are prepared by an LPN (licensed practical nurse) or an RN (registered nurse) who are able to provide you with the information you need based on their own professional experience and knowledge.
Benefits of CNA Training DVDs
Whether you need a refresher course or a study guide, there are many benefits to using CNA training DVDs, including:
- CNA training DVDs show students how to perform a variety of skills that will help them pass the clinical section on the sate exam. And, unlike the classroom where time is limited, these videos can be watched over and over again at any time, helping the student practice until he or she is perfect.
- When you purchase a CNA training DVD, you have the ability to purchase the newest and latest versions available. This means you won’t risk your certification studying from outdated modules and will know exactly what you need to know. This can also be beneficial for CNAs who completed CNA training years ago, because they are able to update their skills without having to return to the classroom.
- CNA training DVDs can be used in a CNA’s own home. You don’t have to go back to school or rely on others to take the time to demonstrate the skills you need to learn. You can watch them while sitting on the couch in your living room at any time.
What’s in a CNA Training DVD?
CNA training DVDs can usually be purchased in a package that contains several clinical sessions, as well as lectures. Each lecture module and clinical section will teach the CNA a new set of skills, or help them improve on the skills they have already learned. Some topics that are generally included are:
- General nursing skills, such as washing hands correctly, helping nurses and doctors, measuring vital signs, and helping patients with daily care activities such as bathing, dressing, and eating
- Infection control through hand washing and protective equipment
- Common diseases that could affect your elderly patients, such as Alzheimer’s, dementia, heart disease, and diabetes
- Psychological effects of aging and how to provide the correct support for your patients
- Personal care techniques, such perineal care, catheter care, oral care, and cleaning a patient’s nails
- Procedures to keep your patients safe from falls, bed sores, and other dangerous situations
With a CNA training DVD, you have the ability to learn everything you need to learn about becoming a CNA and caring for patients properly. However, while it can help you study for your state exam and provide you with the refresher course you need, it is no replacement for real CNA training.