If you are interested in beginning a new career as a CNA in New Jersey, you can take CNA training through a variety of locations available in this state. However, you must be careful when choosing the right program. It needs to be approved by the state and meet the standards of New Jersey’s Department of Health and Senior Services.
CNA training in New Jersey will provide you with the information necessary to care for the social, emotional, and physical needs of patients, and is segmented into two general sections: classroom training and clinical training.
CNA Training Programs Available in New Jersey
- Burlington County- The Institute of Technology in Burlington County, Westampton provides CNA training during both the day and the evening. Classes last for 100 hours and cost $1250. In order to obtain these classes, you don’t need a high school diploma, however, you must be able to perform basic math and English. In addition, you will need to pay $76 at the end of the course in order to take the state exam.
- Camden County College- This CNA training class is offered to high school graduates and those who possess a GED. In order to apply for this class, you must have your own health insurance, maintain your physical and mental health during the class, and complete a TB test. You must also be able to pass a fingerprint check and background check before you can apply for the program. During the class, you will obtain knowledge through classroom theory and clinical practice in areas such as disease processes, therapeutic procedures, physical hygiene, grooming care, nutrition, hydration, restorative care, and infection control. Classes are held on Wednesdays from 8 am until 4:30 pm.
- CDM Institute- This nursing aide program is WIA, or Workforce Investment Act, eligible. This means you may be able to obtain your CNA training for free if you qualify. During the CNA training, you will learn the fundamentals of being a CNA and will be able to practice your skills in a clinical setting with real patients.
- Moe Shea Corporation- This CNA training program is located in Bordentown at 3 Third Street, Suite 202. Contact them via telephone for information about their CNA classes at 609-324-9911.
- Camden County Technical School- If you live in Sicklerville, you may be interested in CNA training classes at this technical school. Find out information about tuition, course materials, and class schedules by calling 856-986-1296.
- Health and Technology Training Institute- Beginning a career as a CNA is easy if you live in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Call 866-877-6878 for information about how you can join the Health and Technology Training Institute’s CNA training program and start your new career as quickly as possible. This facility provides classroom and clinical learning experiences that will allow you to learn the skills you need to become a successful CNA.
CNA Training is Waiting For You in New Jersey
CNA training programs are available almost everywhere in New Jersey, you just need to find ones that are approved by the state and adhere to the strict standards of the Department of Health. Once you do this, you will be able to benefit from CNA training.